“We are very excited to have our first convention since 2019,” said John Copeland, executive director of NAPIM. “If our live Fall 2021 Technical Conference were any indicator of our future events, attendees will be very excited to attend the convention.
“This year, our convention will be held at the Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club. It is a magnificent place for our congress. The complex will be a pleasant place for our members and guests, as well as the charming city of St. Petersburg,” added Copeland.
Copeland said attendees and exhibitors are excited to come together again.
“Almost everyone I speak with is looking forward to seeing friends and associates at the convention,” Copeland added. “People want to be able to see each other face to face and network more than ever. Many members are exhausted on virtual calls and meetings. This will be a welcome change.
Copeland said presenters will cover a wide range of important topics.
“We have a number of presentations on hot topics for business sessions this year, including sessions on the US economy, internship programming, the promise and dangers of accelerating rates of change, regulatory updates, supply chain challenges and solutions and a rocking TAM breakfast with business insights from three of our ink member presidents,” said Copeland.
There will also be a number of events outside of the meetings, including golf tournaments, outdoor activities, NAPIM Fun Night and the Black Tie Ault Award Dinner, featuring the prestigious Ault and Pioneer Awards.
For more information on the 2022 NAPIM Annual Convention, visit www.napim.com or email Copeland at [email protected]
2022 NAPIM Convention Calendar of Events
friday april 8
• 2:00-5:00 p.m.: meeting of the NAPIM board of directors
• 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. President’s Reception
saturday april 9
• 8:30-10:00 am: Opening breakfast and keynote speech – Billy Riggs, “Magic of Change & Sustainability”.
• 10.15am-11.45am: annual meeting of NAPIM/state of the industry
• 12:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m. – Off-site excursions available
sunday april 10
• 8h00-8h30: continental breakfast
• 8h45-11h45 – Business sessions – Ralph Nappi, moderator
– Dr. Michael Youngblood, “The American Economic Challenge, Retrospective and Prospective.”
– Dr. George Gilsan, “How to Strengthen Your Company’s Internship Program.”
– Timothy B. Heath, “The Promise and Peril of Accelerating Rates of Change.”
• 1:00-5:00 p.m.: Off-site excursions available
• 6:30 to 7:00 p.m.: reception of the Ault prizes (black tie)
• 7:00-11:00 p.m.: Ault Awards Banquet (black tie)
monday april 8
• 7:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. – Ladies Golf and Breakfast
• 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.: TAM breakfast – “Ask your ink colleagues”
– Geoff Peters, Wikoff Color Corporation
– John Hrdlick, INK International Ink Co.
– Chris Parrilli, Sun Chemical
• 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.: continental breakfast
• 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.: Business session – Ralph Nappi, moderator
– George Fuchs, NAPIM, “Industry Regulation Update.”
– Rue Patel and Mike Murdock, “Supply Chain Challenges & Solutions.”
• 12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – NAPIM golf tournament and buffet lunch
• 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.: NAPIM entertainment evening