Type of employment: Permanent full-time
Minimum experience: Intermediate level
Remuneration: Competitive / According to experience
Salary: According to experience / competitive
Location: London or Los Angeles
Involved Publishing is a progressive independent music publisher and home to some of the world’s most forward-thinking producers, writers and artists, including Above & Beyond, Dusky, Lane 8, Seven Lions, CRi, Kyson, Robyn Sherwell, Yotto, Sophia Bel, Andrew Bayer, Hotto, among others.
Based in Bermondsey, Involved Publishing is part of the Involved group which includes world renowned independent dance and electronic labels Anjunabeats, Anjunadeep and the recently announced new label Reflections. Involved Group also distributes and provides label services for a number of labels, including Ophelia (Seven Lions), This Never Happened (Lane 8) and 17 Steps (Dusky).
As a Synchronization and Licensing Manager, you will have the ability to place our catalog on all media formats, including film, television, video games and advertising, as well as other media formats emerging. You will be responsible for managing our existing relationships through synchronization and licensing, as well as establishing and maintaining new relationships with music supervisors and other music buyers.
Reporting to the Publishing Manager, you will work closely with our A&R, Label and Product Managers on our entire repertoire, managing synchronization and licensing tasks for the Publishing Assistant, and overseeing our daily life with our American synchronization agency. .
Synchronization and creation functions
- Actively pitch Involved Productions and Involved Publishing artists and catalog to the film, television, advertising and gaming community to gain syncs and increase revenue;
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with music supervisors, music buyers and other key people in the creative industry (including CRM tracking);
- Research and procure commercial and promotional opportunities for our one-stop catalog;
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including the publishing team, label team and artist client roster;
- Attend industry events such as conferences, panels, showcases, and mixers to stay up-to-date and aware of upcoming sync opportunities;
- Manage relationship with US Sync Agent to proactively introduce and promote our catalog augmentation sync offerings
- Support and contribute to new business initiatives, including participation in the A&R process and roster growth;
- Plan and execute strategic marketing campaigns through email sends, samples, artist showcases, etc. ; with our publishing assistant, communicate with labels, artists and managers to obtain advanced music resources, instrumentals and help manage all music by maintaining and updating databases (DISCO);
- With our publishing wizard, oversee our social media and website channels, including maintaining our social media and CMS website and publishing related content.
License Administration Tasks
- Supervise and monitor the conclusion of licensing agreements with the Head of Publishing, BA and Finance;
- Document, track and maintain all incoming briefs and synchronize requests and execution on Monday;
- Generate monthly reports to communicate status of Sync activity, including service goals/projections, confirmed usages, pending payments, and general sync highlights (contribution to Monday weekly meeting and Friday company newsletter).
Who are you
- Minimum of two years of synchronization and licensing experience, preferably with a music publisher or record company;
- Experience in negotiating licensing or sales agreements and ability to manage multiple projects at once;
- Existing relationships with music supervisors;
- A passion for dance and electronic music is a plus, and a passion for music a must;
- Able to work well under pressure, independently and manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them efficiently and appropriately while meeting tight deadlines and maintaining accountability
- Comfortable with networking events, frequent travel and representing the company at conferences and trade events;
- Excellent analytical, data-driven and organizational experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Must be highly proficient in a variety of computer programs including: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook), Google Docs, and workflow management platforms like Monday;
- Handles and protects highly confidential and sensitive or proprietary information.
- Curiosity and desire to know more about our professions;
- Ability to build and lead a team.
- Competitive salary and profit sharing (paid three times a year);
- Minimum 20 days of annual leave which increases with service, plus three days between Christmas and New Year;
- A creative, fun and sociable office environment;
- Gympass Silver Membership;
- Premium subscription to CALM and Strava as well as many other health apps;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Access to our UK events and shows;
- Cycle-work program;
- Loan of season tickets;
- Excellent development opportunities;
- Flexible work opportunities.
- Participation in our local community charitable initiatives
Please upload your CV along with a cover letter.
Closing date Wednesday, September 7, 2022.
If you need to have a chat with us about the application process before applying for this role, please feel free to email Claire Horseman at [email protected]. We will be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be needed or answer any questions you have about potential barriers you think there may be before you apply. We recognize the importance of diversity within our team and are fully committed to welcoming all types of talent.