Permanent full time
Location: London or Los Angeles
Salary: Competitive / According to experience
Based in Bermondsey, London, Involved Publishing is an electronic and independent music publisher. We are proud to represent top artists and songwriters from around the world including Above & Beyond, Dusky, Lane 8, Seven Lions, CRi, Kyson, Robyn Sherwell, Hotto, Sophia Bel, Andrew Bayer, Hotto and many more. others.
We need someone to join our fast-growing music publishing company as an A&R Manager, where you’ll work with the Publishing Manager to support the creative needs of our roster – including sessions, research of co-writers, main lines and features – as well as expanding our A&R network with artists, labels, publishers and managers. You will also have the opportunity to develop and nurture relationships with some of the best electronic and dance artists/musicians in the world, and discover and introduce new artists to sign to the roster.
You’ll also work alongside Involved Group’s other thriving companies, which include record labels, Anjunabeats and Anjunadeep, and our label service partners, including This Never Happened, Ophelia Records and 17 Steps, Involved Management, as well as our label event brands.
Day by day
- Work with the Head of Publishing to liaise daily with new and existing artists
- Maintain monthly roster check-in (virtual, in-person)
- Scouting for new talent by targeting new and established artists and suggesting signings
- Obtain top vocals on singles and albums in collaboration with the roster, label teams and publishing manager
- Develop and maintain relationships with A&R teams from other labels and publishers
- Provide technical and critical music feedback
- Organize writing sessions and writing camps and facilitate collaborations between label and publishing artists
- Preparation of the editorial contribution for participation in the label’s A&R meetings
- Identify and nurture musicians from all walks of life, increasing the diversity of our publishing (and label) family
- Maintaining our catalog by depositing master recordings, stems, instrumentals in DISCO
- Sign new artists and songwriters;
- writing camps;
- Order music for our library and production music catalog and music for synchronization;
- Order covers from our list of third-party heritage catalogs for synchronization (eg trailers, TV shows and movies), as well as covers of PD works (eg Holiday Songs).
- Strong interest in music – especially dance, electronic and independent genres – and an openness to all musical genres;
- The ability to listen to music critically and provide opinion and feedback along the way
- Proven track record of strong attention to detail and organizational and prioritization skills;
- An outgoing personality and a passion for meeting new people, with great communication skills and a high level of written and spoken English and presentation skills an asset;
- Analytical skills as well as work experience with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Docs suite;
- Proactive initiative spirit with a good understanding of flexible entrepreneurial work environments;
- Design skills (Adobe Creative Suite, Web Design) would be considered a plus.
- Proactive attitude with a lively and positive mentality
What else do we offer?
- Participation in the Profit Sharing Policy (PSP)
- Minimum 20 days annual leave which increases with service, plus 3 days between Christmas and New Years
- A creative, fun and sociable office environment
- Gympass Silver Membership
- Premium subscription to CALM and Strava plus many other health apps
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Access to our events and shows in the UK
- Cycle-work program
- Subscription loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- Flexible work opportunities
- Participation in our local community charitable initiatives
- Please apply by uploading your CV and cover letter.
Closing date – Tuesday, June 7, 2022
If you would like to discuss the application process with us before applying for this role, please feel free to email Claire Horseman at [email protected]. We will be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be needed or answer any questions you have about potential barriers you think there may be before you apply. We recognize the importance of diversity within our team and are fully committed to welcoming all types of talent.