Are you a dynamic, high-energy and driven marketer who is strategic, versatile and thrives in a fast-paced environment? Then Optica is looking for you to join its publishing team as its new Chief Marketing Officer. This exciting role is responsible for creating and executing highly effective marketing plans to support our community and in collaboration with our volunteer writers. Excellent communication, interpersonal and project management skills are essential to the success of this role and are supported by a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please send a resume with a cover letter and your salary requirements to [email protected]
The Senior Marketing Manager reports directly to the Marketing Manager and is responsible for developing, managing and implementing marketing efforts for the products and services produced by the Company’s publishing division.
- Design and execute strategies that drive revenue and product usage and best meet the needs of key interest groups.
- Develop comprehensive marketing plans annually to bring assigned products to market.
- Implement marketing plans by developing and distributing email campaigns; coordinate the development of targeted lists for email or print promotions; and the planning and production of marketing content for digital or print advertisements, newsletters, social media, websites, etc.
- Prepare marketing activity reports and present to key stakeholders for assigned products.
- Analyze the competitive landscape to ensure awareness and act on events, trends, etc., that affect the publishing division and its work.
- Regularly track the success of all marketing activities, including implementing A/B testing and adjusting strategies and tactics based on the results. Part of campaign tracking is helping maintain a monthly dashboard.
- As per brand guidelines, oversee the design of a variety of print and electronic materials including advertisements, flyers, social media graphics, emails, etc.
- Work closely with other members of the publishing division and the centralized marketing team to implement marketing initiatives associated with the Company’s strategic priorities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of direct mail, e-marketing, social media, customer relationship marketing, and brand development and management.
3. 5-7 years of marketing management experience, preferably with an academic or scientific publisher.
4. Experience or extensive understanding of volunteer management and/or scientific societies preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Dynamic individual with strong marketing, planning and execution skills.
2. Excellent oral, verbal and written communication skills required.
3. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
4. Ability to manage suppliers including designers, mail houses and printers.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
6. Basic knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop an asset but not required.
7. Ability to work effectively with all Optica departments and successfully represent managed products and services to external parties.