The Vision was established in response to recent global trends regarding climate change, carbon neutrality as well as the current social climate that compels businesses to meet increasing demands for sustainability. As part of the TSV2050/2030 Vision, the company reaffirms its commitment to make 100% of its products and manufacturing operations carbon neutral by 2050.
“Toyo Ink Group’s Sustainability Vision outlines an ambitious vision to bring our entire global carbon footprint to net zero by 2050,” said Kazuhito Nakano, Toyo Ink’s Chief Sustainability Officer. SC Holdings. “As we have steadily reduced CO2 emissions at our production bases since 2010, the renewed vision is integral to achieving our commitment to developing low-carbon products, reducing greenhouse gases in our manufacturing supply chain and building trust in our business with all our stakeholders.In line with the goals specified under the TSV2050/2030 vision, we will continuously strive to achieve a low-carbon society and bring real and positive changes in this world.
The TSV2050/2030 Vision comprises two parts: the TSV2050, which sets specific objectives that the Group intends to achieve by 2050, and the TSV2030, which defines intermediate objectives to be achieved in 2030. Concretely, CO2 emissions must be reduced 35% reduction in Japan by 2030 (from FY2020 levels), 35% reduction in other countries from FY2030 BAU (business as usual) level*.
• Provide products and services that contribute to creating a sustainable society:
– 80% of sales in Japan will come from sustainable products
– Increase products that help reduce CO2 emissions throughout their life cycle.
• Reduce the environmental impact of manufacturing:
– Japan: 35% reduction in CO2 emissions compared to FY20 levels
– 35% reduction in Japan: 35% reduction in CO2 emissions from FY20 level
– 35% reduction in other countries compared to FY2030 BAU level*.
– Japan: 50% reduction in waste treated off-site compared to FY20 levels.
– Japan: 30% reduction in harmful chemical emissions from FY20 levels.
• Build a foundation of trust:
– Sourcing of raw materials from sustainable and ethical sources.
– Respect for the diversity of employees and coexistence with nature and local communities.
– Continually restructure our governance system.
*BAU or business-as-usual level: Level of emissions assumed if no countermeasures have been taken to prevent the increase in CO2 emissions resulting from the growth of the activity.